Sunday, August 23, 2009

New TV Critic Blog and some Writing Random bits

So I wanted to let you know about this awesome new blog I had the great fortune to run across (ok so the blogger is a close personal friend of mine). For those who love TV (and I mean really, who doesn't) you MUST go check out More TV, Please. In the coming weeks, I'll be posting a guest blog on MTVP so keep an eye out for that. I'll let you know when I have more exact details.

In writing news, I thought I'd let you know how the process of finding an agent for my middle grade urban fantasy Euterpe's Song is going. Thus far I have sent out 19 queries to agents, with three requesting to see materials. Six agents have declined to consider my work. Ten queries are still pending. I have 8 agents left on my list that I have not contacted yet. So far it has been a very interesting and pretty painless process (knock on wood).

I really feel strongly about this project, and not just because I wrote it...because obviously that should be the case with anything we write. I love this novel because of the story it tells. There isn't a lot of fiction out that that deals with Greek mythology, let alone in a modern setting that younger readers can relate to. It is my hope that with Euterpe's Song, I can bring a little of that history to the forefront and make it intriguing again.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention (and the comment)! Your guest blog is all queued up to be published tomorrow evening :-).

    ReplyDelete