Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fantasy that makes sense

Hey everyone!

Earlier this month I came across a really interesting blog post which you can read in full at the following link Fantasy World Building: Magical Rules.

I have to say, it couldn't have come at a better time. Even though the project I'm readying for publisher submission isn't pure fantasy, it gave me some really important things to think about as I contruct my world and make sure everything I've created makes sense with the laws of nature. Like, why some people have powers and others don't. How do those who have the power use it and what price is paid for using it. Of course, I've tried to keep this in mind when I first wrote the book. Still, I find this blog post to be helpful as I go forward with other projects based strongly in fantasy.

So check out the blog post for a little something fun about the keys to constructing a believable fantasy world.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. It's amazing how important rules are in fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, another AW Writer who is also a law student. Wow.
    Actually, there must be a lot of lawyers on AW.

    GL with your project.

    ReplyDelete