Monday, January 25, 2010

What's wrong with this picture?

As I was thinking about what to blog about this week I realized I didn't know what to write about. So I pondered it for a few hours and realized how depressing the job market is right now. So, this is going to be a (mercifully short) rant post.

So, being a first year law student has enough stress attached to it with the constant studying and piles of reading. You add the search for a decent summer job and you have one neurotic me. Which I have to say is not fun for anyone.

I have submitted to probably twenty places (a little less than the number of agents I submitted to before I found Roger), and I'e had one positive response. Yep, you heard me right. One. Uno. Everything else, dead silence. I realize it's only January and that summer is like 5 or 6 months away but I need something solid in the next month or so. I'm hoping to haear back from some other places and not just have to rely on the one place that showed interest.

There is someting seriously wrong with this picture. It shouldn't be easier to land a literary agent than a summer job. It just shouldn't. Agent searching is a long, arduous process and yet It took me a little under two months to get that squared away. But with jobs, it's like I'm spinning my wheels even when I'm not. I know the leal job market is a festering pool of dispair right now but it makes me all sad inside. In my special angry place.

Check back next week for your regularly scheduled writer-y topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment