Monday, February 1, 2010

Status Update

Hey everyone!

This week is basically a status update on EUTERPE'S SONG. I've finished my final edits and my agent (and editor) are figuring out where to submit my baby. With any luck we'll be on the road (read: on submission) in the next couple weeks. I'll keep you updated as I know more information.

I have to say, I'm quite amazed by how much EUTERPE has changed since that first draft back in May. Sure, I'd had beta readers critique it and did a revision before I started submitting to agents in August but it wasn't quite where it needed to be. So, I did another revision in August before I sent it off to a new batch of agents (Roger included), getting it up to about 34,000 words. A better length but not quite strong enough still with some elements of the plot. Despite my overwhelming misuse of commas and my plethora of disembodied body parts, Carlie stuck with me and I think we have a beautiful little novel. Now weighing in at 35,000 words. She's ready to find a nice home somewhere.

So I will see you next week (possibly sooner, depending). Stay warm!

1 comment:

  1. It's kind of cool watching your baby grow but at the same time it is hard. Fun!

    ReplyDelete