Monday, March 1, 2010

Juggling two writing brains

So this week marks the beginning of National Novel Editing Month. It will be my first time particpating but it should be a good time. So this week's post will discuss the event a little and how I plan to juggle getting in my editing time and writing time.

So EdMo, as it's affectionately known, is a world wide event, albeit small, in which one spends 50 hours editing in the month of March. That works out to roughly 1 1/2 hours of editting per day. Not too bad.

For those familiar with National Novel Writing Month, EdMo is set up in a similar fashion. You can record the number of hours of editting logged and at the end if you make your goal yo get a shiny certificate. You are also able to go to regional events and edit-ins. That's the thing I love about these events. If you live somewhere that has a lot of events and are easily accessible by mass transit, you get to meet lots of new people and make friends.

How do I plan to keep up my writing schedule and edit at the same time? I plan to get as may hours in during the first week of March as possible. I have a break from school so I can do a lot of work during the week. Also, my writing goal for the month of March is substantially smaller than February. I plan to go to edit-ins when I can because let's face it, it's fun to hang with people doing the same thing you are. They can encourage you and motivate you.

So, if you're at the editing stage of your writing process, I urge you to sign up for EdMo and join in the fun! Happy March everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment