Thursday, June 10, 2010

Another smattering of updates

So sorry I haven't been keeping to my weekly posts. Last week was busy with starting work and this week is busy with my boyfriend visiting.

Not a whole lot to report. Nothing new on the EUTERPE front sad to say. But that's the nature of the biz. I have set an absolute deadline for myself for finishing PHARAOH's LINK; Sunday June 20th. Even if it kills me, I'm going to stick to it!

Work has been really interesting so far. I've got several big cases I'm working on for several different investigators. I've been drafting interview questions for a 2-day onsite interview process for one case. I'm quite excited to atually go and participate in the questioning. How cool that they let us just dive in? Been doing some statistical analysis on another case. One thing I've learned fairly quickly is that even if someone seems sympathetic from reading their statement, you have to remain impartial and not take sides.

I sat in Tuesday and yesterday on a hearing for a Dept. of Agriculture case. Very fascinating to see the dynamic between the attorneys (who knew each other for quite some time) and the various witnessses. The judge is probably one of the most awesome people in the office. Got to sit in just by chatting with her at the copy machine on Monday.

As for keeping up with the blog this summer, I think I may work a little something out with Jen over at More TV, Please! about doing a TV rewind series on a show (probably a shorter show...like Merlin season 1). I've got the DVD set but haven't rewatched any of the episodes yet.

Well I need to head off to work...such is the life of the grown up (or summer intern).

No comments:

Post a Comment