Saturday, July 24, 2010

Novel round-up

So I didn't exactly get that email from my agent. We chatted on the phone a bit. We haven't had any new rejections on EUTERPE since Dial. We've just gone out to Egmont USA and will be going to Candlewick in August and likely Disney/Hyperion in September. So in all, I think we're still out with like 5 or 6 publishers. Summer is a slow time, too. Lots of people go on vacation and the houses have summer hours (often times not open or very limited hours on Fridays). We just have to keep plugging along.

I've been making some little-ish edits to PHARAOH over the last week (as my mom reads, she sends me stuff). The biggest change so far has been the MC's name. He is now Jahi, a far more traditional Egyptian name. I'll be introducing some interesting religous undertones to the manuscript in revisions as well. It's going to actually add to the subplot of Jahi and Nan's relationship.

As for MONTICELLO, I've just gutted it. Lost over half of the word count but it's what was required. I've saved the material in case there is some parts that I can keep. I'm sure there may be a few choice bits of dialog that can be reused. I'm aiming for 13,000 words by the 31st which I'm fairly confident I can accomplish.

I've blogged the first five episodes of Merlin and through episode 4 has been posted over on More TV, Please. I swear once they're all up I'll throw up a post over here with a list of each recap. For now, I have to go do some beta-ing.

No comments:

Post a Comment