Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Drones

Here we are, back for the final movie from Saturday.

DRONES

Premise: Brian (Johnathan M. Woodward) is a regular guy working in an office until he finds out his friend, Clark and his girlfriend, Amy (Angela Bettis) are aliens. They have a week to save the planet.

Reaction: By far, this was the best movie of the day on Saturday. And no, I'm not just saying it because it's related to Amber Benson and Adam Busch. Well okay, so maybe a little. But I really enjoyed it. The humor was great and everyone laughed at just the right times. The alien names were hilarious and watching Brian try to say them was even better.

The fun part was that Clark and Amy didn't know the other was an alien until Brian pointed it out. and even better, their races are diametrically opposed to each other. Clark's people just want to enslave humanity and hey, Brian would get a pay raise out of it. Amy on the other hand wants to destroy Earth and use it as fuel. Well clearly, that plan sucks for Brian and the rest of humanity. But all is saved when Cooperman, a fellow officemate and alien called a Bingo (they're basically hippies) evolves humanity. It saves the planet and everyone is happy, even Amy. Since now she gets to spend the next 50 years regathering her data and dating Brian.

On a slightly non-related note, I did get to see Amber again. She'd been watching in the balcony and had come down for the Q&A which I had to miss. But I saw her and her first words to me were "you made it!" I was so thrilled that she remembered me. And she was so happy I'd come and enjoyed the film. It really was a great way to end the night and a fun day of movie going with my parents.

Rating: * * * * *

Check back in a short while for the final film recap.

No comments:

Post a Comment