Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lovers of Hate

And I'm back with the final 3 films I saw at the film festival.

LOVERS OF HATE

Premise: Two brothers are caught between the same woman. One brother, Paul, a successful novelist and the other, Rudy, a failure. Paul invites Rudy's soon-to-be-ex up to his mansion in Park City, Utah for a weekend. Little do they know Rudy's already there and spying on them.

Raction: So I saw this film partly because it had writers in it and partly because the film I was going to see at the same timeslot was all in Italian. As we found out with Seeds of the Fall, subtitles and I don't get along very well. So I went to this one instead. It was pretty good. I liked the writing aspect of it, you know the struggling novelist. The title of the film is actually the title of Rudy's novel that he's probably never going to finish.

The house where it was filmed for the most part was enormous. There was one part with about four sets of stairs (it was 4 stories, go figure). Rooms everywhere. Pretty impressive. None of the characters were overly wonderful though. I mean, the ex was sleeping with her brother-in-law even before the divorce was final. And Rudy doesn't make things any easier when they finally find out he's actually there.

I will say that the ned was interesting. She finds out pretty much that she should hae ditched both guys years ago because they just use her for their own tug-of-war. Not sure I'd see it again, but for what it was, it was decent.

Rating * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment