Thursday, April 1, 2010

Not an April Fool's Joke

So as I sit here on April 1 and reflect back on March, I realize just how tough this biz can be. I started the month believing I could easily handle everything that needed to get done. School and writing alike. Unfortunately, I was wrong. School went well enough, as I had no choice in the matter. But writing really took a hit.

I really think March epitomized the phrase "the best laid plans...". I had every good intention of keeping to my writing schedule but many times my motivation was just lacking. I certainly had some days where I managed to churn out large amounts of wods. The 29th for instance I churned out 6,000 words and the 30th saw 7,000 words. But, in the end I did not meet my March goal.

Still, I am happy to report that I was only 1 day late. I finished my women's fiction piece, UNPLANNED, this afternoon. It clocks in at 81,000 words. I'm very proud that I managed to exceed my expected goal.

So now it is on to new projects. I will begin writing a new middle grade novel today, titled PHARAOH'S LINK. You'll just have to wait and see what becomes of the main character on his exciting adventure through modern day Egypt. I've been waiting quite some time to tackle this project and I think my vigor in getting it written will sustain me through April and keep me on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment